Roskomnadzor for the third quarter of 2022 removed or blocked 29% more Internet pages with prohibited information than in the same period last year. The figure was more than 89 thousand, including 20 thousand fakes about a special military operation in Ukraine. This is stated in Telegram channel RKN.
In addition, during the third quarter, the service removed or blocked pages with:
- pro-drug content — 22,000;
- gambling - 20 thousand;
- child pornography - 9 thousand;
- suicidal content — 6 thousand;
- illegal sale of medicines - 6 thousand;
- involvement of minors in the commission of unlawful acts - 5 thousand;
- illegal sale of alcohol - 1 thousand rubles;
In March, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a law that provides for up to 15 years in prison for fake news about a special operation. After that, the RKN began to block web resources more actively.
About blocking social networks - in the publication "Kommersant" “Social networks picked up an article”.